LEARNING MODALITIES for SY 2022-23
Online Modality (Enhanced Home-Based Online Learning or HBOL+)
(For Preschool and Grades 1 to 3 students)
Under this modality, classes are conducted in a virtual environment via Zoom, following a 5-day cycle schedule from Monday to Friday. Our HBOL+ students will be provided with opportunities to attend special, non-curricular events on campus for interaction among students, parents, and teachers on a voluntary basis.
Flexible In-person Modality (Face-to-Face Learning Experience or FLEX)
(For Kinder, Grades 1 to 3)
With the Flexible In-person modality, the students and the teacher are both physically present in the classroom for more in-person classes, from Monday to Friday. Per trimester, three (3) learning cycles will be scheduled for synchronous or online classes. This blended learning scheme will allow ‘complete and easy migration to an online set-up, in case the local or national government or the school sees the need for such.’
Concurrent Classroom (CC)
(For Grades 4 to 12)
This refers to a learning delivery modality where two groups of students – online (HBOL+) and in-person (FLEX) – will join the class simultaneously, managed by an in-person teacher. Held daily, the Concurrent Classroom modality allows the limited number of onsite students mandated by the Department of Education (DepEd). In support of this modality, ‘the school has invested in devices and interactive digital tools that teachers need for concurrent classes.’
La Salle Green Hills shall continue to implement the online and in-person learning modalities for specific grade levels until the current school year’s end, pursuant to amendatory DepEd Order no. 044, series of 2022 extending the implementation of options for learning delivery.
Notwithstanding the DepEd amendatory memo, La Salle Green Hills continues to make all the necessary preparations for any eventuality (i.e., return to full onsite modality), and highly encourage our students to start joining FLEX or In-Person classes, beginning November 14, 2022, to ease the eventual transition.
For Pre-Nursery and Nursery:
Online Modality (HBOL+)
For Kinder, Grades 1 to 3:
Online Modality (HBOL+) or
FLEX or In-Person classes
For Grades 4 to 12:
Concurrent Classroom Online (CCO) or
Concurrent Classroom In-Person (CCIP)
SCHEDULE OF CLASSES
Beginning November 14, 2022 – 2nd Trimester
11:50 a.m. to 3:20 p.m
Kinder (HBOL+ or FLEX)
11:50 a.m. to 3:20 p.m.
Grades 1 to 3 (HBOL)
9:30 a.m. to 1:50 p.m.
Grades 1 to 3 (FLEX)
7:30 a.m. to 11:50 a.m.
Grades 4 to 10
7:30 a.m. to 1:50 p.m.
Grades 11 to 12
8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
LSGH FLETCH is a learner-driven collaborative experience where meaningful learning opportunities centered on the Lasallian core values are created and supported in a safe environment.
Fletches are the vanes used to provide aerodynamic stabilization in arrows, such as feathers. Just like fletches, the LSGH flexible education through technology will provide our learners more than enough stabilization features to set their arrows straight to their targets.
The eight salient features of LSGH FLETCH will function as vanes to guide our learners in this online learning process, through Ranger360, bringing blended learning full circle.
- Learning modalities are Home-based Online Learning, done in the safety of one’s home, and Blended Learning, which involves both face-to-face learning in the classroom and online.
- Tasks are self-paced through synchronous and asynchronous methods of transmission in Ranger360, the school’s learning management system (LMS) powered OpenLMS platform of LTG, a Blackboard partner. Utilization of other technological tools appropriate to the contents and outcomes of the lessons would also be maximized.
- Quality of learning is ensured by following a standard rubric that covers course introduction, learning objectives, assessment, instructional materials, learner engagement, technology, learner support, and accessibility.
- Assessments are authentic where learning outcomes and reasonable performance expectations are clear and communicated, and feedback on student performance is timely. Periodical examinations are postponed for the first trimester. Letter grades are adopted.
- Learning programs are participatory. Online interactions and engagements among students and teachers are encouraged in a safe collaborative environment.
- Community-building and faith formation are possible in a virtual environment. Synchronous sessions are scheduled to allow teacher-student familiarity, to foster class spirit, and to instill Lasallian values.
- Parents are partners in cultivating a meaningful and worthwhile online learning environment. Orientation will be done, instructional materials will be provided, and online support will be made available.
- We are together in embracing a culture of openness and collaboration in this “new normal”. Any feedback to improve the program is highly appreciated.